Background and Challenges
In recent years, the rapid growth of economics and development of the city has changed the city a lot in China, more and more overpass and tunnel, as well as underground parking lot have been built. Besides, the global climate change has caused lots of unusual bad weather, including heavy rainfall, typhoon, hurricane, etc., so urban waterlogging disasters have become a big threat to the city. So, the city management department has paid attention to build a flood prevention and alarm system to reduce the loss of human life and belongings.
The city flood prevention and alarm system include:
- Sensor of water level and rainfall
The sensor of water level will be installed in tunnel, underground parking lot, river and reservoir, etc., while sensor of rainfall will be installed in different sites to monitor the rainstorm.
- Wireless data transmission
- Monitor and Alarm Center server
It will process and analyze the front data of water level and rainfall and send alarm message to residence.
- Monitor the real time of water level in tunnel and underground parking lot, as well as other low-lying areas in the city.
- Monitor the real time rainfall of the whole city.
- Send alarm message timely, reduce loss of human life and belongings