Background and Challenges
Electric transmission line is a critical part of state grid. While because the transmission lines are widely installed in different regions with various environment, so how to ensure the reliability and stability, and monitor the status of transmission lines is part of the power workers’ daily work. Traditional method is using the manpower to check the status, and that may work in some areas, but there are also some challenges when:
- Transmission line are widely distributed in complex environment.
- Lots of data need to be monitored in real-time, which is hard to do that manually all the time.
So, an automated, accurate and real time monitoring, checking and management system is required.
- Remote monitor the status of transmission line in real time
- Remote diagnose and check system
- Ensure security and reliability of transmission lines