VHF Simplex Digital CPRI Optical Transport System - Optical Remote Units (ORUs)
As a common transportation, Railways transportation increases the carrying capacity, shortens the transportation time and decreases the transportation cost which improve the quality of transportation services, yield greater customer satisfaction, and help to create the socioeconomically balanced societies. And this highly efficient transport mode creates significant challenges in terms of investment, technology, industry, and environment.
Railway radio communication which offering voice or data services needed for daily operation. Various radio communication system/technology have been used for many years for railway operational applications, such as analog radio, digital radio, TETRA, GSM-R, LTE-R are used for railway communication. Radio communication networks are critical to train operations including stringent requirements for reliability, availability, safety and security for these operations.
HELIOS® VHF Band Simplex Digital Optical Transport System is designed to extend the railway coverage of VHF Simplex Based communication.
Utilizing a centralized digital CPRI distributed architecture, HELIOS® VHF Band Simplex Digital Optical Transport System is a two-tier architecture consisting of the Optical Master Units (OMUs) and Optical Remote Units (ORUs). RF signals from Base Stations, off-air, can be received. The signal is filtered and then converted to a digital CPRI data stream. The digital CPRI packet data stream is transported via single mode fiber and received by the ORUs. The ORUs then convert the digital CPRI packet data stream back to RF and amplify the signal for delivery to the antennas, or radiating cable.
The whole system network topologies including star, chain and hybrid to cater to different deployment scenarios. These network topologies provide reduced fiber plant usage and installation cost, and effective fiber loop redundancy configurations.
- ALL Digital Software and Hardware Platform
- CPRI Transport between OMU’s and ORU’s
- VHF Simplex communication support
- Supports 4 Digital Optical Output Ports for each OMU
- Supports up to 8 Remote Units cascading in each optical port
- One OMU support up to 32 Remote Units connection
- Single Fiber core to transport
- Supports up to 10 Gb/s Digital Optical Fiber Speed
- Loop redundancy support
- Option embedded optical bypass module for non-loop redundancy architecture
- Long transport distance and accurate delay calibration
- RF composite DL output power +27dBm
- IP67 and wall mount or pole mount of ORU
- 19” standard Rack case design of OMU
- RJ-45 Port in OMU to support Local Control and Alarming via web browser GUI
- Additional RJ-45 Port for external ethernet and wireless modem
- SNMP V3 and MIB File
Frequency Range (Customized):146.400MHz; 147.975MHz; 159.700MHz; 160.400MHz; 160.550MHz; 161.150MHz
Downlink Composite Output Power: 27±2dBm
Gain: Max. 50dB
Gain Adjustment: 25dB in 1 dB steps
Max Input Power without Damage: UL: ≤-10dBm
Group Delay: <36µs exclude fiber delay
IMD 3: -36dBc
Alarm Detection: PA Fault alarm, Optical Transceiver Link alarm, Downlink output over power alarm, Door open alarm and etc.
I/O Impedance: 50 ohm
MTBF: 80,000 Hours
Power Supply: 220V AC 50~60Hz
Power Consumption: Max. 200W
External and Connection
Local Alarm Indications: LED alarm display
RF Connector: 1 * N-Type Female
Optical Connector: 2* LC / UPC
IP Rating: IP67
Temperature Range: -25℃ to +55℃
Relative Humidity: Max 95%
Weight: Max 34kg