FM Emergency Message Break-in System - Optical Remote Units (ORUs)
Utilizing a centralized digital CPRI distributed architecture, HELIOS® FM Digital Optical Transport System is a two-tier architecture consisting of the Optical Master Units (OMUs) and Optical Remote Units (ORUs). RF signals from Base Stations, off-air, can be received. The signal is filtered and then converted to a digital CPRI data stream. The digital CPRI packet data stream is transported via single mode fiber and received by the ORUs. The ORUs then convert the digital CPRI packet data stream back to RF and amplify the signal for delivery to the antennas, or radiating cable.
The whole system network topologies including star, chain and hybrid to cater to different deployment scenarios. These network topologies provide reduced fiber plant usage and installation cost, and effective fiber loop redundancy configurations.
Manual or automatic delay calibrate support
Enable to manually or automatically adjust the delay value in different ORU to eliminate the delay dispersion interference in the overlapping area of signal coverage between adjacent ORU’s.
Emergency message break-in
Option to insert standard AES3 emergency messages to all the OMU channels.
Supports FM broadcast monitoring and selectable in each OMU channels by software.
Enable to automatically adjust the Gain of each OMU channel to balance the output of each channel in the ORU’s
Enable to detect downlink activity and support muting. This means that when there is no activity in the Downlink, the Downlink is automatically closed in FPGA. When service is made, the Squelch Algorithm activates the Repeater Downlink Channel.
- ALL Digital Software and Hardware Platform
- CPRI Transport between OMU’s and ORU’s
- Supports 4 Digital Optical Output Ports for each OMU
- Supports up to 8 Remote Units cascading in each optical port
- One OMU support up to 32 Remote Units connection
- Single Fiber core to transport
- Supports up to 10 Gb/s Digital Optical Fiber Speed
- Option Embedded 6.35mm headset port for FM broadcast monitor
- Loop redundancy support
- Option embedded optical bypass module for non-loop redundancy architecture
- Optional embedded emergency message break-in system
- Long transport distance and accurate delay calibration
- RF composite DL output power +37dBm, +40dBm and +43dBm option
- IP67 and wall mount or pole mount of ORU
- 19” standard Rack case design of OMU
- RJ-45 Port in OMU to support Local Control and Alarming via software
- Additional RJ-45 Port for external ethernet and wireless modem
Frequency Bands: 87.5-108MHz
Number of Filter: Up to 16 @downlink
Filter Bandwidth: 200KHz
Output Power per Band: 37±2dBm or 40±2dBm or 43±2dBm
Gain: Max. 50dB
Gain Adjustment: 25dB in 1 dB steps
Max Input Power without Damage: UL: ≤-10dBm
Group Delay: <40µs exclude fiber delay
IMD 3: -36dBc
Spurious: ≤-36dBm@9KHz~1GHz; ≤-30dBm@1GHz~12.75GHz
Power Supply: 220V AC 50~60Hz
External and Antenna Connection
Local Alarm Indications: LED alarm display
RF Connector: 1* N-Type Female
Optical Connector: 2* LC/UPC
IP Rating: IP67
Temperature Range: -25℃ to +55℃
Weight: Max 34kg